Smart Start Science is a new and engaging series of Low-Prep, Hands-On experiments and activities designed for K-2 students. This specific pack, “Experiments for St. Patrick’s Day” includes five complete experiments and follow up activities that are sure to add a little color to your classroom.
St. Patrick’s Day Experiments:
• Cultivating Clovers (Plant & Life Cycle)
• Traveling Rainbow (Capilary Action & Color Mixing)
• How Much Gold Can One Boat Hold (Engineering & Data Graphing)
• Lucky Scoop (Prediction, Graphing and Data Analysis)
• Super Shiny Coins (Chemical Mixing & Reactions)
For each experiment you’ll be provided with the following teaching resources:
- Experiment Overview & Steps: This sheet features a full color photo example of the experiment, skills in focus, materials list and step by step instructions for completing the experiment.
- Pre-Experiment Journal Page: Students gather materials, form questions and develop a hypothesis.
- Data & Conclusion Journal Page: Students track their data or draw their procedure and write in their final conclusion.
- Follow Up Activity: Each experiment includes a unique activity to follow up the experiment. Many are hands-on, fun and relatable projects, games or handouts for students to try at home.
6 Full Color Charts outlining the Scientific Method
6 Black and White Coloring Pages of the Scientific Method