Editable Files FAQ
How do I know if my product is editable?
If your product is editable it will be clearly identified on the product listing page. Products might be fully editable or include a special game or activity pack with editable features. Be sure to carefully read the product descriptions for details.
How do I access the editable products?
After checkout, you’ll be redirected to a download page. (If you are not redirected, please log in to your customer account to download your products. All of our products are offered in digital PDF format only, and you must download to a standard computer for best compatibility. (Many features will not work with a phone or tablet device).
What program do I need for editable products?
You must have the free version of Adobe Reader installed on the device you are using on a desktop or laptop computer. Opening the file in a browser or other program will not allow editing.
Will editable features work on a phone or tablet?
No. You will need to download the file to a standard computer and open the program with the free version of Adobe Reader.
What steps should I follow for editable products?
It’s very important that you follow the editing instructions exactly as outlined in your product:
- DOWNLOAD A FREE COPY OF ADOBE READER HERE.
- INSTALL IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. (YOU MAY NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER INSTALL)
- DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILES YOU PURCHASED TO YOUR COMPUTER. YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THEM TO A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER. ANY OTHER DEVICES SUCH AS SMARTPHONES AND TABLETS WILL NOT WORK.
- FIND THE EDITABLE FILE ON YOUR COMPUTER. RIGHT-CLICK THE FILE AND CHOOSE OPEN WITH ‘ADOBE READER’.
- NOTE: NOT ALL COMPUTERS WILL OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WITH ADOBE READER SO THIS STEP IS NECESSARY. DO NOT OPEN THE FILE WITH ADOBE XI, OR OTHER ADOBE PROGRAMS, IT MUST BE ADOBE READER.
- ONCE INSIDE THE FILE IN ADOBE READER, CLICK THE EMPTY TEXT BOX AND TYPE IN YOUR WORD AND REPEAT. EACH WORD WILL POPULATE FOR ALL PAGES. (YOU MAY NEED TO GIVE IT A MOMENT, SCROLL DOWN, CLICK AWAY, etc…)
- CLICK “PRINT” OR “SAVE AS” TO SAVE A COPY OF THE FILE WITH THE WORDS FILLED IN. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO NAME IT SOMETHING UNIQUE. IF YOU DON’T RENAME IT OR IF YOU CLICK “SAVE” INSTEAD OF “SAVE AS” YOU WILL OVERWRITE YOUR EDITABLE VERSION OF THE FILE.
- PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY OVERWRITE YOUR EDITABLE VERSION, RETURN TO THE STORE AND DOWNLOAD ANOTHER EDITABLE COPY OF THE FILE AND SAVE IT TO A NEW LOCATION.
What should I expect to happen once I enter the words?
Once you have entered your entire list of spelling words, each one will automatically autofill into the provided pack of worksheets. You can now print and save your file. Please make sure you rename it to avoid the file from being overwritten.
What if I don’t have enough words to fill in the spaces provided?
Many of the games require the correct amount to be played properly, and the minimum number of required words will vary. If your student is working on less than the word slots provided, simply type in additional review words to ensure the activities are filled completely. This is a great way to review previously practiced words.
Some of the words we are using are long, can I use longer words?
Yes. Our editable products are developed to auto-resize the longer words to fit. However, as words become longer, the font becomes smaller. This can affect hands-on activities and usability, so be sure to check the individual pages for use.
Should I save my work each time I use the editable file?
Yes, click on “Save As” and rename the file to something unique when you save. You can save multiple copies of this flle with different word lists to reuse as needed. If you accidentally overwrite your template, return to your customer account to download a blank version.
Our students love these editable activities, do you have any more ideas for spelling lists?
Here are some ideas: type up class names list, sight words, days of the week, months of the year, or coordinate your spelling words to match your language arts program. The words will automatically resize to fit the editable boxes throughout the packet.